STOOG 50 Inch Recessed/Inserts and Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace with 750w/1500w Heater, Touch Screen and Remote, 10 Flame Colors, Include Crystals, Pebbles, Log Set, Drift Logs.View on Amazon
Crzoe 50 Inch Electric Fireplace, Recessed and Wall Mounted Fireplace Heater, Remote Control & Touch Panel, Timer, Adjustable Flame Color and Speed, 750w/1500w.View on Amazon
Northwest 80-BL31-2002 Electric Fireplace-Wall Mounted with 13 Backlight Colors, Adjustable Heat and Remote Control-31 inch, 31", Stainless SteelView on Amazon
Sophia & Willia Home Electric Fireplace Heater Cabinet with 23" Insert Fireplace 1400W/4780 BTU, Living Room Farmhouse Barn Door Media Entertainment Center TV Stand to 65" TV, NatrualView on Amazon
- BrandSophia & William
Tangkula 36" Electric Fireplace, in-Wall Recessed and Wall Mounted 750 W / 1500 W Fireplace Heater, Touch Screen Control Panel, 9 Flamer Color, Temperature Control & Timer Crystal Heater (36 inches)View on Amazon
- BrandSEI Furniture
Cheerway 50 inch Electric Fireplace with Heater, Wall Mounted & Recessed Electric Fireplace Insert, Linear Wall Fireplace w/ Thermostat, 13×13 Flame Color, Remote & Touch Control w/ Timer, 750W/1500WView on Amazon
BELLEZE Industrial 47 Inch Rustic Electric Fireplace TV Stand & Media Entertainment Center Console Table for TVs up to 50 Inch with Open Storage Shelves & Cabinets - Veropeso (Espresso)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Consider purchasing a fireplace for your home if you want to not only stay warm during the colder months but also increase its overall worth. The installation of a fireplace has the potential to result in a return on investment (ROI) of 75 percent, which in turn could raise the value of your property. When you incorporate one into the floor plans of your new construction home, you also give yourself the ability to install it without tearing down any walls or rearranging any furniture.
1. Best Overall: Crzoe 50-Inch Electric Fireplace
Since more than ten years ago, the company has been committed to enhancing the quality of fireplace heaters in order to give you a more valuable product. This fireplace represents peoples' demands and desires for a great life and is much more than just an electrical heating device. On chilly days, spending time with the family in front of an electric fireplace would be wonderful and cozy.
This fireplace's 3.85-inch thickness enables it to fit in any space, whether it be a comfortable bedroom, a large living room, a personal bathroom, or a relaxed basement.
The new embedded button design is more user-friendly than the conventional side button design, making it easier to set the remote and turn on/off the appliance.
Every feature of the electric fireplace, including the power switch, 1–8-hour timer, two heating modes, five-speed settings, and 12 flame and bed colors, are easier to handle with the remote and touch screen.
2. Best Easy to assemble: Northwest 80-BL31-2002 Electric Fireplace
This Electric Fireplace With Backlights by Northwest will beautify your living room, home office, or bedroom while providing a practical heating choice. The built-in electric heater has two settings—a low setting of 750W and a high setting of 1500W—and efficiently warms spaces up to 400 square feet. It can also be turned off for a fireplace decor item's solely ornamental effect. Match the color palette of your space with one of 13 available backlighting variations, or switch it up while entertaining guests.
This electric fireplace heater's brightness, color, and heat settings can be changed with the provided remote control to suit your preferences or level of comfort. Important: Northwest is dedicated to offering the consumer the greatest possible pricing and value on every one of our products, which we ensure by employing a strict quality control procedure.
3. Best Elegant: SEI Furniture Calvert Electric Carved Floral Trim Fireplace
For those who adore the traditional appearance but want to add a dash of modern flair, the SEI Furniture Cardona Electric Fireplace with Mantel is a fantastic option. The fireplace has a vintage-inspired design that appears to have been taken from an old rural house and would fit in with a variety of décor motifs.
Whatever your current décor plans comprise, you won't have a problem fitting this device because of its small dimensions. Additionally, this electric fireplace has two heat settings so you can stay warm even if you don't feel like getting up from the couch or watching TV!
Additionally, this fireplace features an automated shut-off timer that can be set for three hours because we can all agree how awful it is to constantly have to unplug the cord to turn it off.
4. Best Durable: Duraflame Infrared Quartz Electric Stove Heater
Warm up to 1,000 square feet with this infrared quartz electric burner on a chilly night. The infrared quartz heat contributes to preserving the ambient humidity, producing cozy heat without drying up the air in the space. This electric stove has a strong metal body, side viewing windows, and a beveled glass door that can be opened. With five different brightness levels, patent-pending 3D flame effect technology gives a layered flame effect to produce an incredibly lifelike fire experience. Throughout the year, the realistic flame effect with a glowing log and ember bed can be used with or without heat to create the atmosphere of a gentle rolling fire. The control panel on the stove can be used to operate it, or remote control is provided. The stove is simple to construct.
Consider the following benefits of a fireplace before you start designing your home with one:
- Warm and sentimental: You may recall moments when you've sat around the fire and shared stories with family and friends. Having a fireplace in your home can make it feel like a warm and cozy place to gather and build memories with family and friends.
- Easy to maintain: You don't have to spend much time or energy cleaning and inspecting your fireplace. By removing debris and scrubbing it clean with soap, water, and a nylon brush, you can clean a wood-burning or electric fireplace just as you would your floor or stove.
- Easy to use: Once you gather the necessary firewood for your wood-burning fireplace, it's very easy to use it. Remote-controlled electric units and dial-adjustable gas units both turn on and off with a switch.
- Raises your resale value: A fireplace is a worthwhile investment, regardless of whether you're selling your home or building equity. A fireplace may even encourage potential homebuyers to make a higher offer if they have one in their living area.
- Save money: You can save money on your winter energy costs since your fireplace generates heat. If you place it centrally in your main living area, you will be able to spread the warmth throughout your entire home.
- Plenty of design options: Fireplaces can be designed based on your aesthetic preferences. Decorative elements like this can add a focal point to a modern or traditional home with their unique colors and materials.
Consider the location of the fireplace before you start shopping. The fireplace should be the focal point of the room from almost every seat, so keep that in mind as you arrange the furniture in the space. This will assist you in choosing the location of your fireplace wall accent.
To ensure a perfect fit, carefully measure the space you have available and compare those dimensions to the dimensions of the fireplace you are contemplating. This is particularly crucial when it comes to built-in fireplace designs.
You can choose the type of fireplace that best complements the current decor by considering the overall design style of the area. Finishes, surrounds, trim work, and other elements can be included here. You may even want to think about double-sided fireplaces if your living space and bedroom share a wall. Find fireplace surround ideas that will go with the overall decor of your home by browsing your favorite design magazines or the websites of your favorite interior designers.
4. Fuel Type
It's time to choose which of the three fuel kinds best matches your way of life once you've found a few fireplace designs you like. Electric and gas fireplaces are incredibly convenient and easy to use, while wood fireplaces instantly set the ambiance in the room.
One of the benefits of having a fireplace in the house is the ability to generate heat during the chilly winter months without using the heater. Take note of the BTUs offered by each model when you shop for your fireplace. The fireplace produces more heat the greater the BTUs. A domestic fireplace typically produces roughly 5,000 BTUs.
One with low BTUs would be appropriate if you want a little more ambiance and live in a warm environment. Look for a fireplace with a higher BTU output if you live in a cold climate and need to warm up quickly. The size of the space is also crucial. Huge rooms will need more BTUs because a small space may be warmed up more quickly than a large one.
6. Decorations & Accessories
You can complete the purchase of your fireplace accessories and decor items after you choose which fireplace you'll use in your home. They are not only functional but also stylishly designed so they make eye-catching accents around your fireplace. Accessories are available in many different types, but the following are the most common:
- Hearth: Natural or faux wood logs are supported by a raised grate. The logs are able to receive proper airflow around them to feed the fire.
- Tool Set: Firewood needs to be tended to naturally. There is a variety of fireplace tool sets available that include shovels, brooms, pokers, and other items that can be used to build and clean fire.
- Ash Disposal Cans: It is natural for wood fires to produce ash. Make cleanup easier by shoveling ash into a heat-safe container.
- Log Rack: It is necessary to keep adding logs to a wood fireplace on a regular basis. Extra logs can be stored in a log rack decoratively before being used.
- Fireplace Screens: A fireplace screen, or glass fireplace doors, will keep children, pets, and your furnishings away from the hot embers.
- Colored Glass: For a modern look, colored glass can be used instead of logs in electric and propane fireplaces. To customize your fireplace to your decor, you can purchase replacement colored glass.
- Replacement Parts: When you shop our selection of replacement parts for your fireplace, you can keep it running smoothly year after year, including remote controls, extension kits, propane conversion kits, decorative surrounds, and more.
1. What is a common problem with a fireplace?
When the smoke from a wood-burning fireplace cools and condenses, especially when the fire is not burning exceptionally hot, creosote, a hard, black substance like tar, is created. Smoke might enter the house rather than be discharged outside if there is a creosote buildup in the chimney.
2. How many fireplaces can a house have?
There are no legal restrictions on the number of fireplaces you can have in your home at the federal or state levels.
3. How much heat does a fireplace produce?
Gas fireplaces typically produce between 8,000 and 60,000 BTUs, whereas wood-burning fireplaces typically produce between 20,000 and 40,000 BTUs.
4. How do I know if my fireplace is too hot?
After examining the fuel usage and airflow, if your fire is still burning too hot, you may have a venting problem. You'll know you've overfired your fireplace whenever you start noticing warping in the appliance.
If designed and maintained correctly, a fireplace can do much more than just provide heat for your home. It can completely change the way it feels and looks. However, picking the best one for your house might be challenging. Some only need a typical 110-volt outlet to work properly, while others need specific venting and repair.
Contact us if you need an inspection to determine where to begin, are ready to install or convert something, or both.